We have to fullfill condition of l/c
CLAUSE: full set of bill of lading ( 3 original + 2 copies non negociable) made out to order blank.
i have 2 question
1) must I endorse the copies non negociable or i must only endorsed blank the 3 originals.
2) the carrier communicate us 2 copies of bill of lading but it's not indicate non negociable. it can be a discrepancy?
thanks to reply to my 2 questions
1) only endorse the originals. NN copies are not signed and "not negotiable" - so why should anyone have to endorse them?
2) A copy is never negotiable. Soif it is just marked as a copy (which I would recommend) the wording "non negotiable" may be left out.
In view of this I like to draw ARt. 17 d of UCP 600 to your kind attention:
"If a credit requires presentation of copies of documents, presentation of either originals or copies is permitted."
This reflects the "better is always allowed"-principle of Standard Banking Practice. The same applies if you present a GSP Certificate of origin form a instead of a general certificate of origin.
I hope this helped.
-Each long journey starts with a small step-
I am completely agree wtih my friends opinions.
Original b/L should be endorsed....
Where as Copies need not be signed and need not necessary to mention non negotiable on the face of the dox.
On the non negotiable copies, no signature or stamp of the shipping company will not appear. It is a filing copy only as the word denotes Non negotiable.
Regards / Tulsi
You have to endorse the back side of the originals only. Endorsement on Non negotiable are not required.
If the L/C is calling for non-negotiable copies, then you have to present non negotiable copies. Otherwise it is discrepancy.
Choose any of the below solution :
1) All shipping companies are issuing 3 originals + 3 Non negotiable copies. (so you can ask them to issue the copies)
2) “Put the rubber stamp showing non negotiable copies”
3) Manually type “non negotiable copies” by using typewriter or by computer.
Regards Tulsi/ Dubai
MR TULSI THE 2 COPIES ARE NOT SIGNED . IT DOES MEAN THAT THEY ARE NON NEGOCIABLE. SO WHY IT SHOULD BE MARKED COPY NON NEGOCIABLE
AWAITING YOUR COMMENTS
2) if not signed by the carrier, those are not negotiable.
many thanks for your help freind